Home   Consign

Consign

Want to shop early AND make some money? CONSIGN!

We wouldn’t be Pittsburgh’s PREMIER children’s consignment sale without quality merchandise. And we bet you have baby and children’s clothing, shoes, books, toys and gear that you don’t want to give away or donate. Consign those fabulous items with us! You will make 70% of the sale price, and the other 30% will be a tax-deductible donation to Adat Shalom Preschool PTO. Plus you get to pre-shop before the general public on Thursday, March 7th from 3:00-5:00 pm.

To receive a consignor number and instructions on how to consign with us, please email us at consign@foxchapelkids.org. Please hurry, as consignor numbers fill up fast and we expect a waiting list soon. You will be required to tag your own items, but once you drop off them off, we will sell the incredible merchandise FOR YOU!

Consignor Schedule:

Wednesday, March 6th 6:00-8:30 pm – Consignor Drop-Off

Thursday, March 7th 9:30-11:00 am – Consignor Drop-Off

Thursday, March 7th 3:00-5:00 pm – Consignor Pre-Shop

Sunday, March 10th 4:30-6:30 pm – Consignor Pick-Up

To shop BEFORE your fellow consignors, consider volunteering with us as well. The volunteers pre-shop before the consignors, so you will make money and get the REALLY great deals if you consign AND volunteer! Please see the Volunteer tab above for more information and to sign up for a volunteer time slot.

Consignor Tips and Tricks:

1. READ THE CONSIGNOR INSTRUCTION MANUAL EMAILED TO YOU WITH YOUR CONSIGNOR NUMBER. This .pdf document will answer 99.9% of your questions, and will save you a potential headache at Consignor Drop-off if an item is tagged incorrectly. It’s not at all difficult to tag and consign with us, but to make the sale move smoothly there is a certain way the tags need to be completed and attached.

2. Start NOW. Go through all your baby’s and kid’s clothes, shoes, toys, books, gear, etc. Put aside items you want to consign in a special location. Make sure they are clean and in good to excellent condition. If you do a little bit at a time, you will be surprised at how quickly your “to consign” pile will grow!

3. When you have everything you want to consign located in one area, START TAGGING THEM. If you wait until the week of the sale, Murphy’s Law says something will happen. Your child(ren) will get sick, your husband will go out of town for work, or your mother-in-law will invade your home. Or all three will happen at once. Trust us, it happens. Avoid a headache and long nights tagging your items. START ASAP.

4. Set your items apart. Write CLEARLY on your sale tags, make sure your description is detailed (i.e. 24 mo Boys Carter’s 2-piece vs 24 mo Boys Carter’s brown with green alligator 2-piece), make sure your clothing and toys are clean, and iron or dryer-fluff any wrinkled clothing.

5. If you are consigning an item that uses batteries, make sure the batteries are in and the item is operational. If the batteries currently in it are completely drained, take slightly used batteries out of another toy and save yourself money. Use brand new batteries for your own kid’s toys.

6. Price your items to SELL. We all know your items are special, but shoppers are looking to score a deal. Bargain clothing brands sell for $1-4, good brands sell for $3-6, and best brands sell for $4-10. Toys usually sell for 25% of retail. On really expensive items (cribs, high chairs, etc.), look on craigslist.com and ebay.com for sample prices.

7. Please make sure you are on-time to the scheduled consignor events (Consignor Drop-Off, Pre-Shop, and Pick-Up). It saves you AND us a headache, and most importantly, it guarantees that your items will make it to the merchandise floor in time for the sale and you get to shop shop shop!

And the most important tip of all: HAVE FUN AND MAKE MONEY!

For questions or concerns, please email us at consign@foxchapelkids.org